The ability to manage business on the go is a must for just about all entrepreneurs. If you’re a start-up bootstrapping with little or no money, there are many free or low-cost mobile apps to help you monitor employee productivity back at the office, stay connected to clients and meet project deadlines — all without being physically present at your base of operations.
Mobile applications (i.e., software specifically designed for download on handheld mobile devices) can help make many business processes a cinch. Kim Garst, CEO of Boom! Social!, a Florida-based personal branding and social media business consulting firm, enthusiastically advocates the use of low-cost business applications to small business owners. Ranked No. 18 on the Forbes 2013 list of Top 50 Social Media Influencers, No. 8 on the Forbes 2013 list of Top Women Social Media Influencers and author of “The Quick and Easy Guide to Branding Your Business and Creating Massive Sales with Pinterest,” Garst offers the following five apps (in no particular order) that top her list of must-have mobile business tools:
1. Evernote for Business (evernote.com/business): An e-notebook platform for sharing content with colleagues, making presentations, and storing photos and documents in a secure, centralized online location. Cost: $10/user/month.
2. Uber (uber.com): This transportation network company connects passengers to professional drivers when riding and arriving in style is a must. Cost: Free to use app; must pay drivers’ standard fares, which vary by city.
3. Dropbox for Business (dropbox.com/business): Never attach a file to email again thanks to this online file storage app.Cost: Free trial; $15/month subscription depending on desired storage capacity.
4. Speaktoit (speaktoit.com): How about an android for a personal assistant? Schedule a business lunch downtown or get GPS directions to that networking conference across the country by talking to your device. Then, watch it magically do your business bidding. Cost: Free
5. Hootsuite (hootsuite.com): Centralize and analyze your marketing efforts by managing all your social media apps via a single dashboard. Cost: Free trial; subscription starting from $8.99/month
Your smartphone can be a hyper-productive business tool, but also a huge distraction when trying to get work done. How do you balance it all? Productivity expert Leslie Shreve presents these simple secrets to save you time, help you stay in control and feel fantastic throughout the workday. https://www.amfambusinessaccelerator.com/article/power-up-your-productivity